Fleet Management Europe is a line of business of Webfleet Solutions combining our market presence across all European countries. You will be joining a team that currently mainly works for the “Enterprise and Alliances” segment with the line of business. The team’s mission is to create and provide relevant new products or product adaptations and extensions, as well as solutions that comply with local regulations, and address the most relevant industries in the target markets.
Here's a little taste of your challenge:
Together with this team and in collaboration with other teams in our product engineering organization, you will:
- Discuss, define, and develop enhancement and adaptions of existing products as well as new products and services, or integrations with 3rd party systems for the purpose of meeting the requirements and regulations and increasing the market reach in the respective target geographies;
- Create solution designs for and deliver complete sets of functionalities from backend to frontend; the key technical focus of the role will be more on the backend, but depending on project requirements you also step into other technical areas;
- Work in a technically complex and sensitive environment, which will require you to build relevant functional knowledge about the products, technical knowledge about the platform’s stack and architecture;
- Keep a keen eye on application performance, operability, robustness, monitoring and failure resilience, data privacy and the security of individual services and the whole system;
- Take holistic responsibility including ongoing functional and performance improvements, bug fixing and issue solving on the production instances of your applications and test automation as well as necessary configuration and data changes;
- Be involved in enabling and rolling out solution to drive the business of large or enterprise partners and customers on various levels;
- Apply agile methods to organize yours and your team’s work, make your planning and team performance transparent and to manage your stakeholders.
Who are you?
To make a successful start in the Webfleet Solutions product engineering organization it will definitely help if you have a passion for software engineering, building products and tweaking systems.
The most important qualification that will make you successful in the longer term, is to have a “getting things done” attitude. No matter whether it is to implement a new feature, fix a bug in production, extract some data and deliver it to customer support, change system configurations, solving problems together with 3rd parties and system partners, you tackle the problem and resolve it.
Also, it will be of great help if you have as many as possible of the below:
- A degree in computer science, a related field, or equivalent experience;
- Good communication skills, holistic and systemic thinking, goal-orientation, quality-focus, versatile problem-solving skills, an open mind as well as at least 2 years of experience in commercial software development;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken);
- A desire to work as part of an international organization and cooperate with other software engineers, system engineers, architects, product owners and external partners across multiple locations;
What can you expect?
- As a successful candidate you will join an international team of technically highly skilled and engaged engineers. They went through the same selection process as you did, so you can expect to join a high-caliber team.
- You will embark onto an adventure in product engineering within a growing and changing business. Our product and engineering teams are based in five different European locations and our standard business language is English.
- You will (have to) learn a lot about what our business is, our technology stack and the service platform. You will learn from formal training we provide for new joiners, your co-workers, from our documentation and wiki, and if your needs are more around general technical skills training, then you will be able to participate in training courses according to need.
- Our engineering culture is built upon the values of the agile manifesto. We strive to enable our teams to become highly productive and autonomous and to empower individuals to become their own best self.
- For us, engineering has a lot to do with ingenuity. We see engineers as creative problem solvers, who enjoy going full-cycle: from problem definition through problem solving and implementation, to solution validation and delivery to users.
- We value attitudes as proactive problem solving, open-mindedness, a good balance of long-term and short-term thinking, friendly professionalism, walking the talk, taking ownership and leading your topic or domain.
- We value steady professionals who are looking to build their careers with us. We prefer to develop and promote our leaders from within, creating various opportunities for professional development and career advancement. We provide a technical as well as a more organizational career track and opportunities to try both, if you are not sure.
- Expect projects and topics you work on to change fast at times. Expect to be fully responsible for your work and products. This includes all functional and non-functional aspects. Our product engineering teams perform necessary maintenance and technology upgrades for their products and components and are also expected to deliver contributions to our scalability and technology roadmap.
Practically speaking, What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package in addition to the salary:
- Private health insurance (including children and partners)
- Pension Plan
- Lunch vouchers + free coffee at the office
- Flexible working hours
- Almost no dress code (the only existing restriction is that you are required to be dressed decently and wear shoes on your feet)
- Plenty of formal training for new joiners + access to LinkedIn Learning
- Once you have earned the merits to warrant it, there will be opportunity to attend trainings and conferences on company budget.
- Annual performance reviews, personal development plans, and as much feedback as you want and can handle through regular 1:1 meetings.
Who are we?
Webfleet Solutions is one of the world’s leading telematics solution providers, dedicated to fleet management, vehicle telematics and connected car services. Its main Software-as-a-Service solution WEBFLEET is used by businesses of all sizes to improve vehicle performance, save fuel, support drivers and increase overall fleet efficiency. In addition, Webfleet Solutions provides services for the insurance, rental and leasing industries, car importers and companies that address the needs of businesses as well as consumers. Webfleet Solutions has over 50,000 customers worldwide and services drivers in more than 100 countries, giving them the industry’s strongest local support network and widest range of sector-specific third-party applications and integrations. Our customers benefit every day from the high standards of confidentiality, integrity and availability of our ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified service, re-audited in November 2018.
Webfleet Solutions is part of Bridgestone Europe NV/SA (“Bridgestone”), a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, a leader in advanced solutions and sustainable mobility.
For further information, please visit webfleet.com. Follow us on Twitter @WebfleetNews. For more information about Bridgestone in EMIA, please visit www.bridgestone-emia.com and Bridgestone newsroom.
Want to join us?
If that’s a yes, then please apply to say hi. Complete the online form and attachments in English, please. You can also send your CV and the reference of the position you are applying to us in an email to email@example.com.
Do note that online technical evaluation and pre-employment screening are part of the selection process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.