Here is a little taste of your challenge:
- Find and refine requirements, discuss new features and collaborate with product managers and the UX team.
- Agree the technical implementation with involved component owners, platform architects and estimate the work effort.
- Implement, test and demonstrate new product features following agile best practices.
- Work on further usability or performance improvements, test automation and bug fixes.
Who are you?
There is no set route to become Software Engineer in Webfleet Solutions. But to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Having a degree on computing or engineering or an equivalent practical qualification, plus 3 to 5 years of experience in software development.
- Passion for the fine arts of software engineering as e.g. design for quality and reuse, componentization, resilience and multi-threading, and at the same time you should be willing to get your hands dirty and dive deep into all any kind of problem that comes your way.
- Good level of English (written and spoken).
- Being a great communicator, analytic, goal-oriented and quality-focused.
- Have agile mindset and you like to work with other software engineers across our different locations.
- Enjoy to interact with other developers, component owners, UX engineers and system engineers.
- Experience in Java server-side development, including Spring, and SQL and noSQL data stores.
What can you expect?
- An adventure in software product development within a rapidly growing. business unit of a globally renowned brand and various opportunities for your professional development.
- Being part of a team of expert developers and contribute in building and adapting technology for the Webfleet Solutions Service Platform.
- No dress code. Just come as you are – we can’t wait to welcome you in our specious and luminous office.
- Brilliant minds. Learn from your colleagues – pioneers and experts who are changing the world.
- Different cultures. Our colleagues come from all over the world, with 55 nationalities and counting.
Practically Speaking, what's in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package in addition to the salary:
- Private health insurance (including children and partners)
- Pension Plan
- Lunch vouchers + free coffee and fruit at the office
- Flexible working hours
- Almost no dress code (the only existing restriction is that you are required to be dressed decently and wear shoes on your feet)
- The office is equipped with a terrace, a table tennis table and foosball
- Plenty of formal training for new joiners + access to LinkedIn Learning
- Once you have earned the merits to warrant it, there will be opportunity to attend trainings and conferences on company budget.
- Annual performance reviews, personal development plans, and as much feedback as you want and can handle through regular 1:1 meetings
Who are we?
Webfleet Solutions is one of the world’s leading telematics solution providers, dedicated to fleet management and connected car services and has over 50,000 customers worldwide and services drivers in more than 100 countries. Its main Software-as-a-Service solution WEBFLEET is used by businesses of all sizes to improve vehicle performance, save fuel, support drivers and increase overall fleet efficiency and reduce CO2 emissions. Webfleet Solutions is part of Bridgestone Europe NV/SA (“Bridgestone”), a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tyre and rubber company.
Together with our team of 750 employees in 16 countries we make a difference in the telematics industry while influencing tomorrow’s mobility by developing state of the art technology and delivering world-class services to our customers. Besides, offering multiple benefits to our employees, we have created an environment that combines a variety of exciting challenges with an international and informal work atmosphere that makes Webfleet Solutions a great place to work.
For further information, please visit webfleet.com.
Want to join us?
If that’s a yes, then please apply to say hi. Complete the online form and attachments in English, please. You can also send your CV and the reference of the position you are applying to us in an email to email@example.com.
Do note that online technical evaluation and pre-employment screening are part of the selection process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.