Fleet Management International is a line of business of Webfleet Solutions combining our market presence in South Africa and sub-Saharan Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Mexico and the US.
For our team in Barcelona we are looking for a Software Engineer focusing on integrating different in-car telematic devices into our SaaS Platform to enable other teams to utilize the emitted vehicle status data for various functional customer benefitting features. You would become part of an agile cross-functional team which takes responsibility for an existing data adaption and transformation component.
Team, role and challenge:
The code base you will be working on consists mainly of Java and SQL. Together with a team of highly skilled and motivated engineers, you will:
- Own and maintain a data integration component to make it easy to integrate new types car telematics devices easily;
- Increase and keep a high grade of automated testing to assure the functionality of the data integration layer at any time;
- Integrate data protocols of new device types according to business demands;
- Address and close performance bottlenecks if needed, e.g. by optimizing DB queries, server load balancing or algorithmic performance;
- Create & maintain developer centric component documentation;
- Execute other regular tasks as a component owner like BOM updates, refactoring, code and security reviews;
- Cooperate with the other component owners to establish optimal interfaces;
- Establish and increase component performance monitoring, e.g. via Grafana;
- Use practices of Scrum to organize yours and your team’s work;
- Taking over the responsibilities of a Product Owner or Scrum Master later and over time would be an option, depending on personal interests and abilities
How to become successful in this role:
To make a successful start in our organization it will definitely help if you have a passion for software and systems and supporting our business with them. Also, it will be great if you have as many as possible of qualities below:
- You have a degree in computing or engineering or equivalent qualifications or experience, and ideally at least 2 years of experience in commercial software development. The position can be modified to senior engineer profile depending on your previous experience.
- You have expertise in working with large data sets in relational databases or key value stores, data extraction, transformation, and system to system connectors.
- You a getting things done type of person. No matter whether it is to implement a new feature, fix a bug in production, implement a load test or design new parts of the system, you tackle the problem and resolve it.
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken).
- We heavily embrace teamwork, so next of being analytic, goal-oriented, quality-focused and open-minded person you should enjoy working with colleagues from all cultures and nationalities.
- You like to work as part of an international organization and cooperate with other software engineers, system engineers, architects, product owners across multiple locations.
- You have a clear overview about all layers in software development and a reasonable knowledge of best practices.
Engineering culture, values and what to expect from us:
- As a successful candidate you will join an international team of technically highly skilled and engaged engineers. They went through the same selection process as you did, so you can expect to join a high-caliber team.
- You will embark onto an adventure in product engineering within a growing and changing business. Our product and engineering teams are based in five different European locations and our standard business language is English.
- You will (have to) learn a lot about what our business is, our technology stack and the service platform. You will learn from formal training we provide for new joiners, your co-workers, from our documentation and wiki, and if your needs are more around general technical skills training, then you will be able to participate in training courses according to need.
- Our engineering culture is built upon the values of the agile manifesto. We strive to enable our teams to become highly productive and autonomous and to empower individuals to become their own best self.
- For us, engineering has a lot to do with ingenuity. We see engineers as creative problem solvers, who enjoy going full-cycle: from problem definition through problem solving and implementation, to solution validation and delivery to users.
- We value attitudes as proactive problem solving, open-mindedness, a good balance of long-term and short-term thinking, friendly professionalism, walking the talk, taking ownership and leading your topic or domain.
- We value steady professionals who are looking to build their career with us. We prefer to develop and promote our leaders from within, creating various opportunities for professional development and career advancement. We provide a technical as well as a more organizational career track and opportunities to try both, if you are not sure.
- Expect projects and topics you work on to change fast at times. Expect to be fully responsible for your work and products. This includes all functional and non-functionals aspects. Our product engineering teams perform necessary maintenance and technology upgrades for their products and components and are also expected to deliver contributions to our scalability and technology roadmap.
Practically Speaking, what's in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package in addition to the salary:
- Private health insurance (including children and partners)
- Pension Plan
- Lunch vouchers + free coffee and fruit at the office
- Flexible working hours
- Almost no dress code (the only existing restriction is that you are required to be dressed decently and wear shoes on your feet)
- The office is equipped with a terrace, a table tennis table and foosball
- Plenty of formal training for new joiners + access to LinkedIn Learning
- Once you have earned the merits to warrant it, there will be opportunity to attend trainings and conferences on company budget.
- Annual performance reviews, personal development plans, and as much feedback as you want and can handle through regular 1:1 meetings.
Who are we?
Webfleet Solutions, known as TomTom Telematics until October 1st 2019, is one of the world’s leading telematics solution providers, dedicated to fleet management and connected car services. With our Software-as-a-Service solution WEBFLEET we are helping more than 50,000 customers worldwide to increase their fleet efficiency by improving vehicle and fleet performance, saving fuel and reducing CO2 emissions. As of April 1st 2019 we are a part of Bridgestone Europe NV/SA (“Bridgestone”), a subsidiary of Bridgestone corporation, the world’s largest tyre and rubber company.
Together with our team of 700 employees in 15 countries we make a difference in the telematics industry while influencing tomorrow’s mobility by developing state-of-the-art-technology and delivering world-class services to our customers. Besides, offering multiple benefits to our employees, we have created an environment that combines a variety of exciting challenges with an international and informal work atmosphere that makes Webfleet Solutions a great place to work.
For further information, please visit https://www.webfleet.com/es_es/webfleet/
Want to join us?
If that’s a yes, then please apply to say hi. Complete the online form and attachments in English, please. You can also send your CV and the reference of the position you are applying to us in an email to email@example.com.
Do note that online technical evaluation and pre-employment screening are part of the selection process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.