Strategic Initiatives Manager
We are excited to further strengthen our capacity in the field of strategic initiatives and market analysis for our BU Bridgestone Mobility Solutions by adding this challenging role based in our Amsterdam office. The experience and future opportunities will include:
- Oversee, manage and realise non-organic strategies for a portfolio of growth projects, new programs and strategic partnerships.
- Monitor main competitors, key players and new market entrants to maintain and capture an overview of the current and expected future competitive landscape;
- Develop and systematically maintain market intelligence by analysing market studies as well as conducting both internal and external expert consultations;
- Perform in-depth analysis of potential new markets to drive strategic initiatives and results;
- Identify and screen potential strategic partners, validating a desired potential return on investment;
- Contribute to annual strategic planning process for the organization, liaise with internal and group stakeholders and contribute to internal projects.
- Help prepare investment proposals for the Board, including deal structuring, negotiations tactics and execution planning
- Manage the full lifecycle of a strategic initiative, from developing market views and conducting equity-style research to active contract management.
- Manage cross functional projects across teams, programs and offices
Who are you?
There is no set route to become our new Strategic Initiatives Manager, but to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Master’s degree in finance, technology or economics, ideally with an MBA or similar qualification.
- At least 5 years of experience in a Corporate Development, Strategic Consulting or similar role, managing both external and internal strategic projects for technology organizations
- Strong analytics, business and financial modelling skills combined with commercial experience and sense for market trends
- Demonstrated ability to think both in big picture and details, connecting the dots and making the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling business ideas and concepts – and bringing them across convincingly & to-the-point, verbally as well as in PowerPoint
- Enjoys working on several projects at once in a fast-paced, agile environment. A well-organized, smart minimalist who fights to keep things simple
- Strong political & organizational awareness; professionally working with external parties in a political sensitive manner, also on C-level.
- Passionate about building relationships, influencing others and working with people on all levels
- An independent, yet agile thinker able to express and support a point of view, acting as a sparring partner to Director Strategic Initiatives.
- Dedicated to go the extra mile and getting things done
Who are we?
Webfleet Solutions is one of the world’s leading telematics solution providers, dedicated to fleet management and connected car services and has over 50,000 customers worldwide and services drivers in more than 100 countries. Its main Software-as-a-Service solution WEBFLEET is used by businesses of all sizes to improve vehicle performance, save fuel, support drivers and increase overall fleet efficiency and reduce CO2 emissions. Webfleet Solutions is part of Bridgestone Europe NV/SA (“Bridgestone”), a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tyre and rubber company.
Together with our team of 750 employees in 16 countries we make a difference in the telematics industry while influencing tomorrow’s mobility by developing state of the art technology and delivering world-class services to our customers. Besides, offering multiple benefits to our employees, we have created an environment that combines a variety of exciting challenges with an international and informal work atmosphere that makes Webfleet Solutions a great place to work.