We are excited to further strengthen our capacity in our BU Bridgestone Mobility Solutions by adding this key role to our new Line of Business Data Solutions & Innovation, based in our Berlin office.
We are looking for the Principal Data Architect who will be “our technological conscience”, the leading technical expert for data subject matters. (S)he will support the VP Data Solutions & Innovation in setting up the right structures for data collection and processing within Bridgestone Mobility Solutions, contributing to the roadmap from a global data strategy perspective.
Here’s a little taste of your challenge:
- Lead, provide and identify (technical) capabilities to unlock the value of data through technical thought leadership in Data Science and its application within Bridgestone Mobility Solutions.
- Create the strategic vision on data architecture for Bridgestone Mobility Solutions as part of the wider Bridgestone organization based on in-depth understanding of the company context, as well as deriving the strategy and roadmap from it in close co-operation with our Engineering team and other stakeholders.
- Create optimal systems and architectures to consolidate data into a unified platform and landscape, i.e. a centralized Datalake.
- Account the full information life cycle from data acquisition (from internal and external sources), through cleanse, transform, classify and storage to analytics, application of AI and ML techniques, presentation, distribution, security, privacy and archiving.
- Manage expectations with senior management stakeholders pro-actively and report out on the status of the roadmap implementation and important strategic data architecture initiatives.
- Monitor the performance of the entire data ecosystem and adjust architecture when/where necessary.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the value of (externally available/accessible) market data sets and develop an ability to collect, ingest, and integrate these.
- Set up and lead the Data Governance Board across the wider company as well as introduce proper governance models, standards and interfaces for data inflow, data management, data quality, data security, data processing including analytics and ML techniques, data innovation and metadata (repositories).
- Keep up with latest and greatest innovation in the arena of data capability suppliers.
Who are you?
There is no set route to become part of Webfleet Solutions. However, to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Master’s degree in engineering, data informatics, artificial intelligence, econometrics or equivalent.
- Long-standing work experience in the field of data engineering, development and governance in an international environment, including at least 5 years as leading Data Architect, creating new solutions and services based on big data analytics & modelling.
- Thorough knowledge of commonly used data elements and tools such as AWS, Azure, ETL tooling, data-management platforms, data warehousing, and data lakes.
- A bright analytical mind and conceptual thinker who can sell his/her vision, strategy and roadmap in a clear and convincing way.
- A team player who feels comfortable juggling with complex stakeholder alignment, succeeding through his/her engaging interpersonal skills.
- Fitting well to our team by demonstrating a can-do attitude, being dedicated to go the extra.
Who are we?
Webfleet Solutions is one of the world’s leading telematics solution providers, dedicated to fleet management and connected car services and has over 50,000 customers worldwide and services drivers in more than 100 countries. Its main Software-as-a-Service solution WEBFLEET is used by businesses of all sizes to improve vehicle performance, save fuel, support drivers and increase overall fleet efficiency and reduce CO2 emissions. Webfleet Solutions is part of Bridgestone Europe NV/SA (“Bridgestone”), a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tyre and rubber company.
Together with our team of 750 employees in 16 countries we make a difference in the telematics industry while influencing tomorrow’s mobility by developing state of the art technology and delivering world-class services to our customers. Besides, offering multiple benefits to our employees, we have created an environment that combines a variety of exciting challenges with an international and informal work atmosphere that makes Webfleet Solutions a great place to work.
For further information, please visit www.webfleet.com
Want to join us?
If that’s a yes, then please apply to say hi. Complete the online form and attachments in English!
Do note that online technical evaluation and pre-employment screening are part of the selection process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.