WEBFLEET Video combines dashcam footage with driving data from your fleet to give you the full context of road incidents. The CAM 50 vehicle camera uses AI technology to identify risky behaviour and notifies the driver, helping them avoid danger. Also, you get full control over camera configuration to help meet the privacy needs of your drivers and business.
Gain full visibility into critical events
Prevent accidents and reduce claims frequency
Lower insurance premiums and the cost of claims
Protect drivers against false or incorrect claims
Coach your drivers better to increase safety
Enhance fleet efficiency
Get the full context
HD dashcam video footage is displayed alongside driving data from your fleet like GPS location, driver and speed. This gives you deeper, clearer insight into critical events on the road.
Intelligent in-cab feedback
The CAM 50 uses artificial intelligence (AI) to identify certain risky driving habits. When this happens, the dash camera notifies the driver with a visual and audio alert. They can then take action to correct their course and avoid danger.1
Automatic event uploads
Driving events (e.g. harsh braking), AI events (e.g. mobile phone use, smoking) and alert button events are retrieved and uploaded automatically from the device and displayed in WEBFLEET.2
You can request dash camera video from historic trips to review footage3. This helps you verify or disprove complaints from customers or members of the public.
Instantly view live video from either the road or driver-facing dash cameras in your fleet to support your drivers in difficult situations.4
Privacy by design
The solution is designed with privacy at the top of mind. You take full control over configuration, including the behaviour of the driver-facing camera, video retention period and dedicated access rights in WEBFLEET.
What is a fleet dash camera and how does it differ from a consumer dash camera?
A fleet dashboard camera, also called a fleet dash camera, is a camera that can be attached inside a vehicle to record what happens when it’s on the road. Dash cameras can be both road and driver-facing.
Consumer dash cameras are low-cost and targeted towards individuals. Due to limited functionality, they’re not suitable for fleet use.
Commercial fleet dash cameras are durable and designed for professional use. Some other ways in which they’re more suited to fleets include:
- GDPR compliant
- Automatic download of relevant footage
- Remote access for live view and configuration
- Supports additional cameras
- Commercial-grade SD card
- Incident prevention through AI technology
- Hardwired for professional installation
How does a fleet dash camera work?
A fleet dash camera starts recording when the vehicle is powered and in motion.
Road-facing dash cameras can provide clear evidence of what happens on the road and around the vehicle. Some driver-facing fleet dash cameras use AI technology to detect various types of risky driving behaviours such as distracted driving, mobile phone usage, eating, drinking and eyes not on the road. They can send an alert to the driver and signal them to correct their driving to help prevent accidents.
Dash camera recordings work together with a fleet management solution, using data such as time, location and speed to help companies determine the cause of road incidents and protect drivers against false claims.
Why should fleets use a fleet dash camera system?
- Video recordings can act as an objective witness when a road incident happens. It provides evidence of what happens in a collision and can drastically reduce liability costs.
Fewer insurance claims and lower premiums
- Video footage can help fleets and insurers decide whether to contest or settle a claim.
- Insurance companies often give discounts on premiums if companies have fleet dash cameras installed in their vehicles.
Accident prevention and safer driving
- Fleet dash camera systems can help drivers correct dangerous driving habits and avoid accidents.
- In-vehicle cameras often lead to more careful driving, as drivers are more aware that there will be evidence in case an accident occurs.
What are the benefits of using fleet dash cameras?
Increased safety and lower claims
- Recordings can protect you against fraudulent claims and help you avoid overpaying on 50/50 insurance claims.
- Fleet dash cameras equipped with AI technology can alert drivers to risky driving behaviour and help prevent accidents and claims.
Clear insight into critical events
- Footage from fleet dash cameras with GPS and other driving data can give you a complete picture of your fleet.
- Live streaming means you can act immediately when an incident occurs.
Enhanced fleet efficiency
- Confirm the validity and accuracy of claims with clear video evidence.
- As driving behaviour improves, vehicle damage, incidents and downtime can all be more effectively reduced.
HD quality and night vision
Built-in infrared LEDs enable driver-facing night vision recording
A commercial-grade 128GB SD card provides up to 100 hours5 driving time video
Up to four additional cameras can be connected wirelessly
Artificial intelligence (AI) event capture technology built into the device
A backup battery protects against power loss and notifies you when the camera is disconnected from power
Remove from windscreen for security or to comply with legislation
1 Available with WEBFLEET Video Plus or WEBFLEET Video Live subscription.
2 Once events are retrieved from the device, they are available in WEBFLEET for 90 days.
3 When the footage is still available on the internal storage of the camera.
4 Available when the camera is powered, moving and has cellular network (3G/4G) coverage. Driver alert available to notify when live streaming is active.
5 It will automatically overwrite once it has reached capacity.
- A fair use policy applies to data consumption.
- WEBFLEET Video is designed to make compliant use simple. The customer, however, remains responsible for ensuring they use it in a compliant manner.