Fleet management is an industry term used in reference to a broad range of solutions for vehicle–related applications that help companies manage their fleet of commercial motor vehicles, such as cars, vans, trucks and buses.
Know where your vehicles are 24/7
Through real time track and trace
Save up to 20% on fuel & maintenance costs
By monitoring and analysing driving behaviour
Easy integration with existing soft & hardware
With optimisation across your whole business process
Cut driving time & optimise drop routes
With professional navigation with live traffic info
Improve service levels
Through dynamic dispatching & easy driver communication
Easily comply with regulatory guidelines
Through mileage & work time registration & tachograph info download
Always know where your vehicles are. Register time, mileage and the location of each of your vehicles historically and in real-time.
- Real-time vehicle tracking
- Informative tracing
- Instant alerts
- Mileage registration (logbook)
- Tachograph Manager
Improve fleet efficiency. Make smarter decisions with extensive reports and real-time dashboard information about your vehicles.
Keep your team and customers happy. Dynamic communication between your mobile workforce and office makes your business agile.
- Job and order workflow
- Dynamic dispatching
- Working time registration
- Optimised planning
- TomTom Traffic
- Remaining Driving Times
Green and Safe driving
Cut costs, reduce carbon emissions, and improve safety by improving driving behaviour. Get visibility over how all your vehicles are being used, including your electric vehicles.
- OptiDrive 360
- Driving behaviour
- Fuel monitoring
- Schedule maintenance tasks
WEBFLEET's fleet management solutions integrate seamlessly with your existing software and business applications.
- App Center
- Office solutions
- Mobile solutions
- WEBFLEET APIs
With the right tools and knowledge, you can reduce your tax burden. How? By using an electronic mileage log such as WEBFLEET Logbook.
- Smartphone and tablet app
- Trip data generated automatically
- Easy validation of trip information
- Trip type suggestions
- Compliant trip report
Professional navigation and traffic avoidance
The best miles are the ones not driven. Efficient fleet management starts with professional navigation that can avoid traffic.
- Extremely accurate traffic info
- No delay from closed roads
- Fastest routes
- Less time on the road
- Personalised large vehicle navigation
- Locate speed cameras
You don't need to be at your desk to manage your fleet. With WEBFLEET Mobile, it's all right there in the palm of your hand.
- Real-time vehicle and asset tracking
- Two-way communication
- Trip management
- Dispatch new orders and jobs
- Notifications and alerts
Why is fleet management important?
Fleet management can involve complex decision making. A lot of factors need to be considered to ensure smooth operations, from choosing the right vehicles and drivers to ensuring safety, saving money, increasing efficiency and staying compliant with legal requirements.
A fleet management solution powered by telematics can give visibility over all these aspects. When you get access to the right data, you can improve your working processes and grow your business.
An important source of data comes from your vehicles. Clear information on location, fuel consumption, mileage and driving behaviour can all be leveraged to optimise every step of your fleet operation.
By getting access to and control over your vehicle data, you can gain insights and ensure fleet management is effective in boosting your business.
What does a fleet manager do?
Fleet managers oversee the operation and maintenance of a company’s fleet. This includes selecting and tracking vehicles, ensuring they’re used correctly, keeping them on the right routes and servicing them properly.
Fleet managers are also responsible for managing drivers, keeping fleet-related costs under control and ensuring any related legal requirements are met.
To increase the effectiveness and efficiency of their fleets, fleet managers often rely on vehicle telematics that work in combination with fleet management software and hardware.
Finding the right solution involves several steps, including defining your business needs, understanding the functionalities of different suppliers, confirming IT requirements and setting service expectations.
Want to know how to decide which fleet management solutions are right for your business? Download the free guide
What is a fleet management system?
A fleet management system is a combination of connected software and hardware that fleet operators use to manage their vehicles.
These systems can include several elements:
- Fleet management software. Fleet managers use this interface to access vehicle data and gain insights into how to optimise fleet performance.
- Vehicle tracking devices. Hardware devices can be installed or plugged into vehicles to track vehicle locations in real time. These devices can also collect data on driving behaviour and engine diagnostics.
- Driver Terminals. These devices help drivers with enhanced navigation. They can also receive up-to-date assignment details, enable easy communication and record details of vehicle usage.
- Dash cams. Vehicles may have road and driver-facing cameras installed to identify risky driving and give insight into any road-related incidents.
Businesses that use a fleet management system can cut costs, improve vehicle performance, save fuel, improve driver safety, manage risk and increase overall fleet efficiency.
How does a fleet management system work?
Fleet management can help you to:
- Track vehicle locations. The vehicle devices share real-time coordinates with the main system.
- Communicate with your team. You can send instructions or updates directly to your driver through the Driver Terminal.
- Monitor driving behaviour. Hardware sensors can monitor driving habits to see if your vehicles are being used safely, economically and appropriately.
- Set better ETAs. You can set more accurate arrival times and communicate any delays to your customers.
- Keep drivers on track. Drivers can receive advice about driving and better routes through the Driver Terminal. They can also get alerts about speed limits and speed camera locations.
- Record working times. Some telematics systems can automatically record driver hours, helping you comply with any legislative requirements.
- Strategise and improve. Your fleet management solution’s dashboard gives insights into past trips so you can analyse vehicle performance and plan future trips more effectively.
- Automate administrative tasks. Other departments benefit from fleet management systems by automating invoices or downloading info on driving times.
What are the benefits of fleet management solutions?
Fleet management does not only help fleet managers, but also drivers, administrative staff and anyone else involved in operating a business fleet.
- Increase efficiency. Easily access relevant, up-to-date info so you can plan effectively and adapt quickly when unexpected events arise.
- Increase productivity. Use accurate real-time traffic info to keep your drivers on the fastest routes and complete more jobs.
- Improve safety. A fleet management system can give enhanced insights to help reduce unsafe driving behaviour that could harm your drivers, vehicles or business reputation.
- Decrease costs. Encourage more fuel-efficient driving and avoid expensive repairs by getting timely maintenance reminders.
- Improve communication. Stay connected to drivers by sending job details from your office to Driver Terminals in their vehicles.
- Increase customer satisfaction. Keep customers informed of schedule changes and cut unnecessary waiting times.
- Reduce stress for drivers. Set the best route for drivers and give timely traffic updates through driver terminals, so they can do their job with ease.
- Simplify administration. Save time across different departments by automating administrative tasks.